Sunday, August 16, 2020

2020 08 16

2020 08 16

Day 11


Status:

Yesterday Alex opened his eyes several times throughout the day.

Alex softly squeezed our hands a few times. We have no idea of what he is thinking.  I do not know if he is scared, confused or calm and trusting.  We sit. We wait. We sing. He tolerates.

During the night he hardly closed his eyes. His eyes are not focused on anything. But he keeps opening them. He is trying hard to wake up and appears to be showing us that he is frustrated about what is going on. He is begining to show movement through his right arm a little more. He is under heavy sedation to keep him calm and to keep him steady. Sedated so that he can calmly heal with time. The readings are showing that his brain appears to be healing. Monday we confirm it with an mri. He is Sedated so we wait.


Prayer:


Psalm 27: 13 14

I remain confident if this:

I will see the goodness of the Lord

In the land of the Living.

Wait for the Lord;

Be strong and take heart

And wait for the Lord.


Isaiah 41:10 (To descendants of Abraham)

Do not fear for I am with you. do not be dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you and help you;

I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Song.

You shall cross the barren desert

But you shall not die of thirst.

You shall wander far in safety

Though you do not know the way.

You shall speak your words in foriegn lands

And all will understand.

You shall see the face of God and Live.

Be not afraid...

I go before you always.

Come...follow me...

And I will give you Rest...


Cycling Analogy.

We pedal...its a flat road right now. We are warming up (but its still dark) we feel like we may have our legs...but since we dont know the route and cant see clearly we pedal cautiously and slowly.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the updates, prayers and songs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is looking out for all of you. Alex's guardian angels are standing by him keeping him safe and comfortable. Thinking of you all. Sending many prayers and positive wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete