Saturday, September 12, 2020

2020 09 12 CTF

 2020 09 12 Saturday Day 37


I left Alexs bedside last night.  The first time in the 36 nights of the Boston Childrens Hospital.  I waited until he was asleep at 9pm. He had an uneventful Friday.  Alex is making a little progress.  He was able to sit at the edge of the bed with a lot of assistance.  His physical therapist was able to get him to stand tall for a few seconds, But I could see in his eyes as it was happening that he was not comfortable. Currently he is struggling in several areas. We have not yet heard his voice, he has not yet woken his left or right arm and leg, he has not yet been consistent with his eye tracking. 

Alex hears my voice. Every time I make a silly sound, he reacts to it.  Every time he hears my voice he reacts to it dependent on the time of day. If it is early in the day and he has rested he will laugh. If he begins to laugh....then I can not seem to stop him.  I love to see and hear my kid laugh. Who does not like to see or hear thier kid laugh....especially after a 20 something day induced coma.  The concern here is that once he starts, he does not stop....non stop laughter is then tough to figure out.

Other times of the day little man is just restless. He rocks his body from left to right and moves his head on and off his pillow as if he is trying to lift himself up and off the pillow.  

He is no longer tied down, but only because he has not yet shown the strength to get up and move around nor energy and strength to hurt himself.

He has been layed out on this bed for too long.  It is 10.30pm on Saturday. I lay on my army cott that I set up on his right.  He was restless at 9pm when I got here. We played some familiar music, we layed him on his side and he settled down.  It is time. It is time for him to get up and start moving. I understand thing will take time. All the doctors say it will take time. I think this is the time. Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow is the day where we begin that training program. Tomorrow is the day where he will show the difference.

We have faith. We believe. We have the strength. We have the energy. We have the energie that you are all sending and we are going to absorb it all and provide it to Alex as required.

Jesus said..."you of little faith....get up and walk".   We have faith...so WE ARE GOING TO SIT UP. GET UP AND GET UP TO WALK!".

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR LOVE, PRAYERS, SUPPORT.


2 comments: