Saturday, October 17, 2020

2020 10 17 photos

2020 10 17

Photos of last 3 days.

Alex is a little more awake. Doctors have taken away medications that have allowed him the opportunity to be more awake. In being more awake he is starting to make attempts at eye focus, he is making attempts at standing and is sitting a little stronger for longer periods of time.  He is smiling more now that he has a wheel chair and the ability to leave the room. He enjoys seeing people im the hall. He reaches out to almost every nurse as if he wants to hold thier hand along the walk.  He loves loves loves holding mommy's hand as he is wheeled down the hallway.


Daily Alex and Dad selfie in empty hall with covid mask. We wanted to go up to the roof top garden but it was too sunny and breezy.


During our wheel chair stroll we saw these dragon wings painted on the wall. We had to stop and show our wings!!!!

Alex sat up in bed to give mom a hug.

2 Kings 20:5 "This is what the Lord, the God of your father David says; I have heard your prayer and have seen your tears: I will heal you. On the third day from now you will go up to the temple of the Lord.  I will add fifteen years to your life.


Alex is in good spirits. He is having a very hard time, but smiles and plows through the day with smiles along the way.

Sitting at the edge of the bed and finding his balance was very difficult on this past Monday and Tuesday. With hard work, determination and dedication Alex sat up about 7x Saturday unsupported for a few minutes at a time.

Psalm 6:2 have mercy on me lord, for I am faint; heal me Lord, for my bones are in agony.


No one would ever imagine how difficult it could be to sit up, unsupported at the edge of the bed.
"We need to get through this kid, you are doing awesome...this is really really hard but you are doing awesome!!!."
Little by little, one sitting at a time we will get there.

Isaiah 41:10 "so do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will hold you up with my right hand."

Today (Saturday) Alex stood up at the bedside with assistance. He made several attempts at standing and rocking me back and forth while hugging me. He stood about 10x...6 of them were pretty strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment